Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Train drain


Damn Surf City.

If you're not spending actual time doing something for the series, you are thinking about it.

And all that thinking is draining. I long for quiet time (that isn't spent sleeping). And training is out of the question.

I finally had the luxury of a longish lunch to go ride today. And weather to compliment it just nicely. I figured I could get in one of the long loops and make a nice 90 minute ride out of it.

So I set off to the backroads of Morgan Hill where the wind was calmer, the reservoir was twinkly, and the lighting was crisp and splendid.

And I pedaled along at a nice little clip that got slower and slower as the scenery got nicer and nicer. Until I finally just stopped at a cute outlook.

And I stayed there and took in the sights, the sounds (or lack thereof) and the sun.

And I stayed there for a luxurious while.

Until it was too late to do the long loop.

And I headed back after only 45 minutes of riding, but with a contented smile and a sweet tailwind to carry me back.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, November 08, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

it's almost over....

 
At 7:53 AM, November 08, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

i know that feeling, wanting to just stop and drink it all in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>