Friday, November 10, 2006

My vicarious bike ride

Michael had the day off today.
I did not.

He got to go on a long bike ride.
I did not.

But he's so sweet. He took me with him. Sort of.

Every now and then, he would send me a pic from his camera phone. And with each picture that popped into my inbox, I got to take a moment away from the spreadsheet and pretend I was out on a long bike ride instead. Except, with little text to accompany the pic, I had to make up my own story of our bike ride.

~~~~~~~
I got up very very very early this morning to get an early start on our ride. Michael was still in bed, so I got dressed and went for a quick little invigorating 40 mile pre dawn ride along the ocean.

With that great warm up, I came home an hour later to wake Michael up.


We headed out, and all was well. Except that Michael almost crashed trying to unzip his vest while taking a picture of himself. But it was okay, because I caught him.


We took a break at some reservoir somewhere (where the hell is this honey?) and we think we saw the Loch Ness monster.


We got lost somewhere in the town of Scotts Felton and had to stop for directions. Thats when we saw signs of HIM. The Trek dude with the lawn mower thingie on his bike. That was most certainly his bike. But where was he??


Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted him. "Hurry Michael! Hurry!!!" I shouted. "The Trek dude with the lawn mower thingie on his bike is leaving!!"


We hopped on our bikes and gave chase. We rode up Zayante, passing cars when we could. And we were gaining. Until the descent.


Trek dude with the lawn mower thingie on his bike had mad descending skills and he dropped us.


We carried on, until we got to the top of some mountain somewhere (honey, where is that?)


Michael was getting tired. It had been a long day for him and I felt a little guilty as I had been setting a fast pace. I even tried to get him to duck into a fun singletrack section, but, grumpy with fatigue, he was having none of it.


I set a path for home. And we made it down the mountain just as the sun was setting. It was lovely, so we stopped and smooched. And smooched some more. And....




...oops.

Ahem.
The End.

7 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, November 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ocean looks so nice in the morning...sounds like a really cool ride

 
At 9:23 AM, November 11, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

what a fun little post...just like an action film!

 
At 10:13 AM, November 11, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

what nice bike ride but what is that trek dude thingy?

 
At 11:40 AM, November 11, 2006, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

LOVE this post!!!

 
At 9:19 PM, November 11, 2006, Blogger Brennabella said...

yur da bomb! michael is so lucky! :-)

 
At 10:30 AM, November 13, 2006, Blogger Brent said...

haha.. the trelkric guy..
That goober rides that thing plain insane. Always riding on the wrong side of the road, running red lights, riding that thing through crosswalks against lights in opposite direction and on sidewalks.

That one guy pisses off more people. He is the root cause for more angry drivers in Scotts Valley.

 
At 2:01 PM, November 14, 2006, Blogger Eclectchick said...

LOVED this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>