Monday, June 12, 2006

No rest for the not weary


Ahhh rest days.

Too bad you actually have to race or ride hard to earn them.

I need to carry a calculator or something for today's wicked workout. How in the world am I going to remember to do all of this when I can hardly remember to breath?
2 min
2 min
3 min
3 min
4 min
rest for 5 minutes
3 min
3 min
2 min
2 min

your rest on each interval will be half the interval length (2 minutes rest for the 3 minute intervals is fine). Each interval will be a progression in effort at every 30 seconds. You will start out in a controlled, but strong pace ... then you will punch up your effort every 30 seconds until the completion of the interval. Yes, at the end of each interval you should be hurting pretty bad, but not sprinting. You should be on a high effort of pain that you can barely last out for the duration of the interval.




Uhhh...huh?
Aw crap, I'll just go out and flog myself for random minutes, rest for 5, do it again. And call it a day.

10 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

ouch--you made my brain hurt

that is pretty complicated for any monday

 
At 1:41 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Because I just can't take all the fan mail anymore

 
At 2:04 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

you better be out on your bike right now.

friskypants.

 
At 2:48 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I agree, rest days are always hard earned..ever try writing intervals on your arm?...hard to read and if you sweat, they get really hard to read...

 
At 4:46 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

I think I'm finally understanding why I suck - I'm a total grinder. No top end... oh well, not everyone can be fast.

 
At 4:56 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I wrote the intervals on a post it note and put it in my armwarmer

but I still got confused. Cadence, HR, minutes, rest, interval, 30 seconds, 5 minutes. AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I can't believe I needed armwarmers in June in Morgan Hill

 
At 5:44 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Lula-La Lula-Hula said...

Tell me about it. I went full winter gear today:
- 5 layers plus vest
- arm warmers
- leg warmers
- hat
- full winter gloves
what can I say?!?! It is the Brazilian blood...
Plus, I had to do 3x15mintues intervals up Hwy 9 with 5' rest going downhill. Yeah right, down hill..I just pretended I forgot the training post note at home and, besides, my brain was frozen anyways.
So, I just kept going up hill and during the resting I would either go super slow or just stop. i
If wasn't for my epmty stomach I would still be at the top of hill until now.
Hopefully my coach doesn't read this :)

 
At 5:47 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

coach, do I need to do intervals today? I kinda did one long interval yesterday...

 
At 6:27 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

sleep'ervals

 
At 1:04 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger The Old Bag said...

...flog myself for random minutes, rest for 5, do it again. And call it a day.

totally like this logic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>