Monday, November 21, 2005

Recovery

I am trying to decide whether I want to hop on the bike for a solitary spin, clean up after the tornado that swept through my house and car, or catch up on bella business and email. Since I can't decide, I am sort of wandering aimlessly throughout the house doing nothing in particular.

Except thinking back on a fantabulous weekend. So many great memories. So many funny moments. I packed a whole weeks worth of living in those two days, thats for sure. Life is such a treat.

Some favorites:
The UCI guy telling us that he was "utterly delighted" on Friday
The sun rising over the fairgrounds on Saturday morning.
Making sure that folks at Surf City got leid
Seeing 40 Cat C women lined up.
Getting a peek of Don's daughter racing the kiddie cross.
That bite of Kahlua pork during a rushed moment.
Watching Wendy Simms ride up the run ups
Going hoarse from cheering with the girls
Dashboard hula!!
UCI guy even more delighted. Told us, "Now that was a Cat 1 UCI event, except with more spirit"
Catching a glimpse of the sun setting over the fairgrounds
Working under moonlight
Sharing champagne with a fatigued crew Saturday night
8 glorious hours of sleep
Miss Mary's divine pancakes and a leisurely morning at the Dukes Hotet
Arriving at USGP 6 without a single responsibility
Wondering where the butterflies came from
Watching Chance Noble win!!
Watching Chance's father win
Knowing that Barb secured her spot on the Worlds Team
Yummy! Lots and lots of yummy
Checking out the antics of the Drunkingham crew
Leaving the roar of the crew for the dusty silence of the rest of the course
Enjoying North Beach with other USGP survivors
Getting my boogie on at the Impala
Being the tomato in a Wells Sandwich
Falling lumpily asleep as soon as head hit pillow

I think I may opt for that ride now...

2 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Velo Bella said...

oh..I wish there were photos. Damn Mary's camera ran out of juice just as we opened it up. I think that at one point Todd was even wearing my glasses. And I still have his oakley hat.

You will just have to use your imagination.

All in good fun only, of course.

 
At 6:16 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

I want to be the salsa in that sandwich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>