Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Summertime and the livins easy


Evening Stretch, originally uploaded by Sabine Dukes.


It totally feels like summer time right now. It might just be a tease, but I'll take it.

Yeehaw!

I am soooooo not a winter person. If I could do that endless summer thing, I would totally do it.

Winter depresses me. And this past winter has been one of the toughest. And we don't even have harsh winters here. I'm certain that if I lived someplace like Canada or Alaska (lord have mercy) that I would be a raving maniac loon by January.

So, I'm riding more these days. And that means more unknown bruises. I've got a whopper of a bruise above my knee. One of those bruises thats got like six layers of colors that change daily and a little hard nugget inside. And its pretty horrific looking (which is why there is a pretty picture of the hill instead of my knee)

And I have no idea how I got i. (The bruise, not the picture). I might have gotten it when I did the touchdown almost crash into the puddle at campus this weekend.

But I was too concerned about keeping myself upright to worry about bruising at the time. Literally, my face was inches away from nasty week old puddle mud. The only thing saving me from complete ruin were my two fingertips that were propping me and my dawg up. And when you come that close to malaria/giardia/dysentary mud water, you don't think about the bruises.

Damn I love this sport.

12 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, March 05, 2008, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

I'll say that IS love.

I had jury doodie today and got to ride at 9.
I felt like I won a lottery ticket when they told us not to come back till 1!

You should post the picture of your bruiser. You can play with effects on your fancy shmancy cam.

 
At 7:15 PM, March 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um....that ain't no pict of summer in CA! ya'll know summer in CA is BROWN! :)

 
At 8:08 PM, March 05, 2008, Blogger teamwelliver said...

terry makes fun of my mystery bruises. I show him a new one after every ride.

I'm personally more confounded by the mysterious poison oak that KEEPS SHOWING UP!

and lilly apparently missed the hurricane winds that we encountered tonight on the same ride.

 
At 8:53 PM, March 05, 2008, Blogger beth bikes! said...

i'm a wussy. are you coming out on larry's tuesday's next week?!?!?! (i think we learn to FLING!)

 
At 7:10 AM, March 06, 2008, Blogger X Bunny said...

i actually got overheated (briefly) on a ride last weekend--i think it was almost 70 degrees

i'll just consider that early summer heat training

 
At 7:28 AM, March 06, 2008, Blogger marscat said...

ooh! that full pic of the hill is just gorgeous.

 
At 8:50 AM, March 06, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

I miss the bruises sometimes. It can get pretty cold in Bend over the winter. I never remember waking up in Felton and trying to decide what clothing to wear for -2 degree temperature. It just didn't happen, ever.

I seriously don't know how some women say they ride their bike up until they were 9 months pregant! My balance is completely off and I think I know what a wobbling weeble feels like.

Thanks for your posts everyone! It makes me happy to hear how everyone in CA is doing.

-Jen C.

 
At 9:32 AM, March 06, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

photoshop and show the bruiser

 
At 11:35 AM, March 07, 2008, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

my email to you bounced -- mailbox over quota. popular girl, aren't you.

I just wanted to say thank you.

 
At 3:55 PM, March 08, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

yay!

it is sunny and summery here too. today I rode by the beach and all the girls were out in their bikinis and dogs were frolicking in the water and horny old men were staring from afar.

it's perfect!

oh and YOU SHOULD DO KEYSVILLE!!!!

 
At 8:09 PM, March 09, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Beth - the track...oy. Not quite yet. Maybe in a few weeks. Gosh, I sure am tempted though.

And Trac - Keyesville! I love that race! Is it still a stage race? I doubt I will be going to it, but its a super fun event on great little sandy trails. Totally worth the trip.

 
At 9:03 PM, March 11, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

YES it is still a stage race. I think it is funnier than shit that I am excited to do a DH race. Bummer you probably won't go :( but I'm psyched to hear how fun it's gonna be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>