Thursday, May 17, 2007

Relationship Test








So the Bella Buzz on the Boards is filled with Kern Stage racey talk. It's all top secret stuff so I can't share it. I have a very clearly defined mission, the message self destructed when I downloaded it which means I will rely on my trusty ol frijole. (frijole is what we call our brain in spanish which means bean) We have some key points to remember. (lots of pressure cuz I am the one on the team that can't find her keys...ever.) Anyway, should be fun! Its my first at Kern, third at stage racing if you count the Stick (Madera) two times 5 years apart.




I bought a new(used) Kona tt bike, so the novelty rule is in effect...you know how excited you were/are with a new romance. I have all sorts of fantasies worked up in this bike, its perfect for me right now, fits me, we get along...makes me laugh (busted my chops at Madera, but that is a whole 'nother blog), likes going fast. We are having a honeymoon period so to speak.






So, I stepped up our relationship, introduced my bike to my work buddies...Its bike week, so I thought it appropriate. Its never too early to learn about bikes. This week my world's collided, I usually compartamentalize my work life from my play life. I think as you age, that becomes less and less important. This week we read about bikes, wrote stories, studied the history about bikes, I even taught them how to draw bikes, had my racer husband come and visit with his track bike and road bike. The children have been captivated. What I didn't do was follow the state Reading First curriculum...something I won't be allowed to do in the future, thanks to No Bubble Left Behind Act of Bushy. Our school will most likely follow the path of the many poor schools in our district...yuk. Somewhere when no one was looking the thinking was stolen from the curriculum. They use words like fidelity and integrity when they mean we must teach only those materials offered by the state adopted publisher, because...those companies are selling off our schools (society) and dictating which books we can use to teach. And our Education Department sees nothing wrong with that because they are tied to funding. I took today off when the Reading First Coordinator is looking at our site...bad planning I suppose, racing Kern instead. The emperor wears no clothes and no one tells him. You think this discussion is for another site? there I've done it, collided both worlds.




My new Kona love will undergo another relationship test this weekend...the long overnight weekend stay in Bakingfields. I'll keep you posted if we still remain together. I am going with my warrior friend Sue and Miss M. If Warrior Sue doesn't inspire you to puke level, no one will.

I better get back to focusing on my mission now.

10 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger meh-wee-uhn said...

Bean also known as the "peanut" in my family. As in "I smell burnt peanut!"

 
At 12:55 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Aaaaa haaaahaaa

The Fear and Loathing kitties are cracking me up

 
At 1:35 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert...

 
At 2:32 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

so good.

so, so good.

 
At 3:12 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger Brent said...

Go Lilly and the rest of the bellas.
Almost said frijoles.. that would been bad cause then I would of called you beaners.

Seriously, bummed we cant make it this weekend. Jen improving and will be back out kicking some butt with her bella teammates

 
At 4:13 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger EB said...

I wanna MI mousie...

 
At 5:03 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

what a cool post lilly...glad you'll be here...and don't you worry -- you're not
alone in the key losing department.

i even almost lost dear old Mars at one Kern....

and how nerdo am i posting this from la quinta.

 
At 6:13 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger veloandvino said...

good luck!

 
At 8:14 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

meh-wee- burnt peanut smells better than burnt beans, trust me. I burn them all the time.

bb elfie pandabear-get your people to photoshop you a MI panda. Sabine has people that do that stuff. I think that mousie is Stuart Little.

Brenty-we miss you, I can't believe you almost just called us
free holies.

Marsy- you're the coolest nerd ever. I'll take care of yours if you take care of mine. I seem to do better with other peeples stuff.

VB-are you saying that in a deep radio voice? Sounds like we got our next blog cliff hanger. Now there's an idea bloggie talks.

Ooolaf- Don't worry I won't lose my key. And I'm bringing a camelback...the road to redemption begins at Bena.

vino-thanks! it will be fun at the very least...in a crazy insane way of course.

ready cats? bat country here we come.

 
At 10:29 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

cool post and love the kitty pictures...is your other bike jealous?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>