Wednesday, May 02, 2007

dead turkeys and chocolate chips


I saw a turkey get hit on the way to work today. He ran/flew right into the path of a truck. Feathers were everywhere and the little buggar wasn't quite dead. As I passed the scene, I made certain to avert my eyes so I wouldn't have that image burned in my head all day.

Then, as I rolled into town, the cop that was at the red light opposite me suddenly flicked on his lights and took off. He hit the uturn so hard so that he fishtailed radically to one side, then he overcorrected. He swerved several times and the last time I swear I saw wheels leave the ground. He finally corrected and sped away. I hope it was worth it.

And now, I am sitting here working away, but trying to find that window to ride in. Each time I make up my mind to go out, it starts to dump.



I am super excited to race right now. Its only May and I've raced 9 crits, 6 road races, 2 mountain bike races and 1 stage race. And I am hungry for more.

~~
Its 5:00 now and there's finally the break in the weather I've been waiting for. Except now I don't know if I have the energy and motivation to pull off the sprintervals. I should head to Fremont for that pukefest workout Flandria goes to. But I won't.



I found a new way to stink up the workplace with the microwave. Allie came by to pick up some Fox downhill gear (yay to my work for sponsoring our amazing donwhill team!!) and brought some chocolate chip cookies as a thank you. They were the crunchy kind of choco chip cookies and I was in the mood for soft melty choco chip. I thought, that if I put them in the microwave for a few, that they would get all melty and yummy.

30 seconds of zapping turned them into a charred stinky mess.

I should go now.

16 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

That is a huge amount of races already! Great job.

Were those turkeys actually chasing you down the road?

 
At 6:27 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

ooh and dead pidgeons from marscat...how sad...don't nuke kimchee unless you want to get fired....

 
At 6:35 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

those turkey are so cute and they do look like they're chasing you...

 
At 8:50 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

are those turkeys or turkey vultures? I saw 100s of turkey vultures today. or maybe they were turkeys.

dying birds and animals are sad. the humanitarian in me says put them out of their misery but I would never have the courage to do that.

 
At 8:51 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

those turkeys are chasing in that pic, but those arent my pics. Just something I found on an image search (turkey + bicycle)

 
At 9:38 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I'm retarded

The sprinterval thing in Fremont is on Tuesday...good thing I didnt drive out there...

 
At 9:41 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

But Laura was chased by turkeys once.

 
At 7:11 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

turkeys are pretty funny to watch

 
At 8:03 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger diskzero said...

Lot's of turkeys out on the Mt. Hamilton loop on Saturday. Some of them were cranky.

 
At 8:52 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Hahahaa

the turkey pics in this post keep cracking me up

 
At 8:52 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

oh

is it bad form to laugh at your own post?

 
At 10:49 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Little_Jewford said...

last year I was threatened just down the road from home (ft. ord) by a turkey while commuting into work...he thought I was messing with his ladies so he stood in the middle of the road and gave me the whole puffed up feathers and gobble-gobble treatment

 
At 10:51 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

no, those turkey pics are cracking me up too. i keep coming back to look.

i laugh at my own posts sometimes too.

 
At 11:20 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

lj--

when they puff their feathers all up like that....it means he thinks YOU are one of his ladies....

-

kimchee in a microwave...that is just an amazingly disgusting thought.

 
At 12:22 PM, May 03, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

kimchee is kinda icky in general

(pabcid--that's the stuff garth's mom buried in the backyard?)

 
At 12:43 PM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I love Kimchee and all the little banchan

and Bibim Nang Myun (or however the hell thats spelled)

but I wont try to nuke any at work



Now i am craving the Bibim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>