Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fickle Fackle


I have been sooo unbelievably tired since Sunday.

Like, get the hell out of my way and let me sleep, tired.

I'm finally feeling halfway human today.

~~

How come, whenever Michael suggests I do really crazy hard intervals, I want to go for a lolly gag ride? And when he suggests that I have an easy spin day or the day off, I want to crush it and do pukervals?

BY the way, "suggests" is how we roll. Its not easy, this lover as coach thing. Especially with two opinonated, independent, know it alls. We had some kinks in the beginning. I was so worried about letting him down that I didn't feel I could be honest. He needed to learn that in spite of my hard German exterior, I'm pretty mushy inside.

So, now, he suggests, and I try, and we always make certain we are honest with each other and in touch with perspective...after all, its just silly bike racing.

And funny thing, I haven't been this motivated, or this fit, in a long time.

~~



I keep popping over to Cyclingnews to see if I can muster up some care about the Giro.

I'll let you know if I do. The only thing that concerns me right now is Simoni's goofy helmet straps.

And this Court TV stuff with the Landis case is a weird one. USADA has Greg Lemond as a witness. Why? That just seems so hokey.

Not as hokey, of course, as the interpreter who broke down under stress. At first I thought it was because the terminology in this case must be very specific. But then I read where the interpeter interpreted "day" as "hour".

hokey.

~~

I hate when I am stupid. Just hate it.

~~



Speaking of interpreters....I am having a hard time getting these kitty rescue places to email me back. I've been sending off quick concise business-y emails about our search for a little black kitty. And usually get little to no response.

So, today, I wrote an email in kitty rescue people language. I used the phrase "forever home" and went on and on about our spoiled little kitty at home, and I used lots of cute little emoticons and smilies.

Blech!!

And I got a warm welcoming response within 5 minutes.

~~



I loved the Rwandan team kit! I wonder if those boys even know how flair they are?

10 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, May 16, 2007, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Girlfriend...I can so relate! Yesterday I could hardly get myself to do intervals. I almost posted about how tired I was but I was too...tired.

 
At 7:40 PM, May 16, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I am listening/watching the RAI channel 3 version of the Giro...it's better in Italian...flandria had a cool link...before Kern, sleep is our best friend...

 
At 7:53 PM, May 16, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

i feeling like riding off into that Rwanda jersey...

 
At 8:14 PM, May 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

giro...love seeing men in pink

sleep...been doing that a lot lately

catemotions...funny

 
At 9:12 PM, May 16, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

that's why it's called soup of the day....not soup of the hour

 
At 9:33 PM, May 16, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

morgan's watching some version of the giro online where nicole cooke was just announcing for a bit.

i'm listening, he's watching.

 
At 9:48 PM, May 16, 2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

hey girlies! have a fun time at Kern.

 
At 10:52 PM, May 16, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i made sure to complement the Rwandans on their kit.

i got an unenthusistic thank you...

-


suggesting.....

you guys are very smart.

-

and your fitness and motivatedness are pretty fun to watch these days!

 
At 9:08 AM, May 17, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i think we need a comment referring us back to just how impressively dorky that picture of Simoni is.


heilege scheisse

 
At 3:35 AM, May 27, 2007, Blogger Big Bad Wolf said...

dorky indeed, but only the helmet straps ..
ah Simoni even after his "cocaine" thingie I still like him, probably because he is an old turk still fighting like a young turk. I want to see him win today

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>