Thursday, December 21, 2006

Solstice and men in skirts



Nothing like knowing that this is as bad as it gets.

~~
I should be doing work right now.
And if not doing work, I should at least be christmas shopping for someone other than myself.
And if not working or christmas shopping, I should be finalizing the 07 clothing order.
And if not working or christmas shopping or order finalizing, I should go out and do these 30 seconds sprints because he's so cute and asked so sweetly.

But I really don't feel like doing anything. Some people go out and celebrate solstice with a night ride, or some merry making. I think it needs to be celebrated by curling up at home, in jammies, with cocoa and a kitty and a trashy novel or movie.

If I could go home right now and properly celebrate, the movie I would watch is Troy.

Although the movie is based on one of Homer's epics, you really don't have to think or anything when you watch it. You just watch it.

Its chock full of yumminess.



Brad Pitt (Achilles) - I don't care how cliche it is to think he's hot. He's friggen hot. Although I do prefer the leaner Brad, a la Snatch or Fight Club, the buffed out Troy Brad is a nice change of pace. If you can make swords, sandals and a mullet look good, you're good. This is a much more physical role for Brad. I'm not sure if he even has lines in this movie. I'm sure he does, I just don't recall them.


Eric Bana (Hector) - Where did this guy come from? Bring him to me.



Orlando Bloom (Paris) - I like him better without the elfen ears. His pretty boy looks are a nice balance to Pitt's glistening muscles and Bana's sexy brooding. The only problem is that Bloom is prettier than Helen in this movie. As if it could have been his face that launched those thousand ships.



Peter O'Toole (King Something or another I think) - Yes, Peter is sexy in this. In that confident distinguished manner that english trained stage actors are. He outacts everyone with just a lift of the eyebrow. Thats sexy.

Where's my cocoa?

9 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

rwaawrr

 
At 2:53 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Did you hear there is a shortage of kilts for the guys in Scotland? There are 320 kilts for 5000 guys. They have to share.

 
At 3:47 PM, December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Where did this guy come from? Bring him to me."

classic.

 
At 3:59 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Michael told me we can watch Troy tonight.

I think he likes the battle scenes

 
At 4:12 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Brent said...

That movie was a crackup until I realized it was a drama..

Michael likes the fight scenes alright..

lots of wrestling

 
At 4:29 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

I hope you guys don't want to watch Napoleon Dynamite after Troy (that would, after all, be a logical progression, would it not?)

Cus I have it. I might have one or two other movies that I snatched last time we were there...

I've been watching the bike-jump-ramp scene over and over and over...

 
At 4:31 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

mmm ....


battle scenes = man wrestling.

 
At 7:42 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger The Old Bag said...

thank you

 
At 9:21 AM, December 22, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

We watched Troy last night. At first, while doing one legged drills on the trainer, and then later while relaxing with soup and wine on the couch.

Aside from all the beefcake, its not a bad movie. I mean, its not a great, clever, astounding movie that will challenge your way of thinking. But its good big budget Hollywood escapist entertain me movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>