Tuesday, December 12, 2006

While I wait for the rain to stop...


Michael and I are coming out of a party fog. A sort of year of decadence. We have enjoyed a good romp indulging together in some of the guilty pleasures of life.

And we're a bit sore from it all. And thinking, it might be time to tone it down a bit. Give our bodies a rest from the richness and neglect.

And so, I rub my eyes and with some clarity look around at the damage done.

It reminds me of the morning after a New Years party I threw at my house in 1999. It was one of those nights that will go down in infamy. I have a foggy memory of flashes of dancing, wine, gin, nudity, and things I still can't describe.

And that morning, I made my way downstairs, stepping carefully over a few bodies. And looked in utter astonishment at what was my pristine little home. The kitchen floor had about an inch of sticky martini goo that grabbed my socks as I tried to walk across it. Confetti was in every square inch of my vision. Bright pink dried silly string hung from plants and walls. Smooshed chocolate and cheese clung to the carpets.

I stepped back (avoiding still more bodies) and surveyed the mess.

And smiled.
Because it was worth it.

15 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

:-)

 
At 3:15 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

that's what off-seasons are for...

or maybe it is the other way around...

 
At 3:28 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

happy anniversary?

 
At 3:52 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger EB said...

Now that sounds like face-humping a rottweiler fun.

 
At 6:12 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

indeed.

 
At 6:18 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

oh,
and i'll believe the 'tone down' when i see it

 
At 7:18 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

well ... let's not go crazy.

 
At 7:46 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

there's a six pack of Odouls in the fridge.

yep.

 
At 8:18 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

ewwwww!

 
At 7:00 AM, December 13, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

bleck!

 
At 7:02 AM, December 13, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i'm a little slow

but now i get it

the odouls is for the cat

 
At 8:38 AM, December 13, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

it hurts...

 
At 4:58 PM, December 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It reminds me of the morning after a New Years party I threw at my house in 1999. It was one of those nights that will go down in infamy. I have a foggy memory of flashes of dancing, wine, gin, nudity, and things I still can't describe."

How could I be there? I didn't even know you back in '99. Although I do have some vague recollection of some crazy party with martinis and silly string...

 
At 7:24 AM, December 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crazy kids! It sounds like a bunch a frat boys and sorority girls down there! Except with much better taste in alcohol and a more refined sense of how to act. (Ok I take back the last part!)

 
At 5:46 PM, December 14, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

hasn't it stopped raining yet?

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>