Saturday, December 16, 2006

Morning stretches


Okay now. Where was I?

Oh yeah..men of cross, my kitchen remodel, my training, photography, salsa dancing. I think I'm going to do some things for me for a little while. And the men of cross post is first on the list.

Right after my ride.

And some blurbs~

~Its Christmas, you're stressed and rushed, but its no reason to treat the retail folks like shit. Act with some grace.

~Our cat has pretty much taken over the house. I suppose it was bound to happen.



~Has anyone seen Jeni?

~I get so many hang up calls that I don't check my answering machine anymore. I just noticed that its blinking 32. If you called, and left a message, I will probably never hear it.

~We hired a housecleaner. She's getting a raise already. Holy moley that is a worthwhile decadence. I could kiss her. She even made those little triangle folds with the ends of the toilet paper. I started doing that at work out of boredom.

~I just took a Myers Briggs test. I'm an architect. I don't want to be an architect.

~I need a dictaphone. But it needs to be a very small dictaphone so that I can use it while riding. Thats when I have my most brilliant (if I don't say so myself) thoughts and blog ideas. Especially during those times of tranquil suffering. Oh how the mind opens up and freely associates. Goes places you would normally stop it from going. But, the thoughts are like a morning dream. As soon as you leave the suffering, the thoughts perch on the tip of your tongue, and then slowly fade. Plus, I would love to be able to say dictaphone a lot.

~Tranquil suffering is that place just below real suffering. Sort of like Alpha sleep. Its not really sleep, but it feels a little like it. In real suffering..no thoughts happen there. And if they do, they are only of the most primitive sort. Grunts of survival. That wouldn't make a very good blog post.

~Of course, this is all just on the bike suffering. What do most of us know of real suffering?

~NonAlcoholic beer is straight up nasty.

~Tailwinds are made by the wings of angels. Corny but true. I'm telling you.

~Damn, we're out of eggs.

~I'm your huckleberry.

12 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, December 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get a dictaphone you can use that great joke:

"Hey, can I use your dictaphone?"

"No, you have to use your finger like everyone else."

Say dictaphone slowly if you don't get it.

And I know where Jeni is... :)

 
At 8:28 AM, December 17, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I saw Jeni yesterday....and Gin!

 
At 8:40 AM, December 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! men of cross!

i hug my housecleaning lady every time i see her.

 
At 9:19 AM, December 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love, love, love my cleaning lady.

 
At 9:44 AM, December 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, i've tried to post my 1 comment like 10 times and nothing happened.

now they all seem to be appearing 1 by 1.

but i really do hug my cleaning lady.

 
At 4:49 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

~~damn, i forgot what i was going to comment on in between the time I went to the comment page and found where the ~ key is on my keyboard

so hold a minute while i re-read your post...

--

oh yeah, i was going to say that we have been getting a lot of weird recorded marketing phone calls lately--they actually leave the whole message, not just hang up. and it starts the same everytime (something about needing to write down some numbers) but i've never listened to the whole thing to see what they were trying to sell or whatever. and they just leave the same message over and over.

--

and why should anyone care?
and why am i, therefore, telling any of you about this?

i am pretty sure i am getting hypoglycemic and my brain isn't working properly

i'm going go get a spoonful of brown sugar now

bye

-

 
At 7:12 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger nicknameless said...

I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere, I'm nowhere....I am the Great and Powerful Oz

See you soon!

Ohhh...cleaning lady...ohhh my

 
At 7:12 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger nicknameless said...

PS...I miss bad kitty...

 
At 9:15 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

didn't the cleaning lady just come?

are you on a twice a week schedule?

 
At 7:31 AM, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More info on Jeni's whereabouts:

Here's Jeni

 
At 12:22 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger EB said...

Cleaning lady...I want one.

This weekend someone told me that some wineries put out non-alky wines, which is somehow different from grape juice.

 
At 9:42 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

if it's going to be non-alcoholic, it's better if it's grape juice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>