Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Speaking of Brain Sprain


Conversation with myself while climbing East Dunne today:

Ugh. This is pretty steep. Pretty friggen (I probably actually said fuckin) steep. Hmmm..I wonder how steep it is?

Beep beep beep (thats the noise my cyclocomputer thingie makes as I whirl through the eighty pieces of data it gives you) beep beep.

7%?
Is that all? Jeez this feels like more than 7%.
Okay, this part is way steep, its gotta be more than 7%.

6%??!
Am I ok? Why does this feel like so much more than 6%?

oooo...honeysuckle...smells pretty.

Okay, huff puff...this part....huff puff....has to...gasp wheeze...be more than 6%.

huff gasp
wheeze puff

4%???!!
4 lousy fuckin (no kidding myself this time) percent?

huff...gasp...
beep, beep, beep.

Oh.
It was on miles per hour.


It was 12% by the way.

5 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

ouch!

did coach approve such activity?

time to rest up for the Big K...

 
At 4:58 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

trainin' straight through that bugger.

 
At 5:00 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

rest up? from?

 
At 6:52 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Lothar Glerbny said...

I hate when that happens.

 
At 8:33 PM, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>