Monday, May 15, 2006

Brain sprain


The doc tells me that I sprained my hip.

That just sounds weird to me. I know the hip is a joint (or two) and all. But for some reason that sounds funny. Sort of like saying that I sprained my skull. Which I think I have done.

But weird or not, its a 2nd degree sprain. I don't even know how many degrees there are in spraindom, so I have no idea what that means. But I don't like the sound of it one bit.

So now I gotta do stretches and get lots of massages (yummy). And I'm not supposed to walk. Oops.

I also really need to take oV's spycam into the doc's office with me next time. That way I can do an xbunnyish post of the goofy gym shorts they make me wear. I kind of like the shorts actually. I may have to find a way to ummm accidentally wear them out.

And all this laughing at myself is my way of coping with not being able to race Cat's Hill. I finally got brave enough to want to do this race....and I really wanted to do it. Once I make up my mind about something, I'm good to go and gung ho.

But now I am just gung hobble.

I tell you what though. Watching Sarah come back and do the race that she couldn't finish a year ago...that was nice. She's such a fighter. Solid. I am glad she's back and I want to unhobble myself so I can get back there and race with her.

My goals have had the rug pulled out from them lately. I wanted to finish Sea Otter - Bzzzzt. I wanted to race at MTB Nationals - Bzzzt. I wanted to race Morgan Hill - Bzzzt. I wanted to race Cat's Hill - Bzzzzt.

So now I am left sort of goal less and lost.
And the injury means I am just riding, not training.
And I am going to Kern just for the experience and bellaship of it all.
And I am having the best time lately.
Just riding.

But I gotta get me some new goals soon.
And some new gym shorts.

15 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Goal #1 - 8 Hours of Lake Sonoma, 2 person team - you and oV. I'm sure there is an amazing number plate just waiting to be done.

Goal #2 - D-ville. Don't need to say anything else.

Massage good. Oh yeah!

 
At 6:57 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Lothar Glerbny said...

Sprained hip? Ankle...OK, wrist...OK, brain...of course

but, HIP.

Wait, I uh, sprained my hip too, I need lots of massages and no walking but riding is OK.

Uh huh...

 
At 8:53 PM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you manage to sprain your hip? I can only imagine...

was it an early honeymoon? sexercizing?

(technically there are three degrees to spraindom)

 
At 9:32 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger erein said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear it! Everything heals, but be sure to follow docs orders. Get better soon; there's always cyclocross season.

 
At 7:07 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

no really, mom, i'm fine

goals--i haven't even looked at the schedule past may....

and if you're enjoying yourself right now that is worth a lot

 
At 8:27 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

naughty goldi!

 
At 8:40 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger EB said...

Well crap, what a bummer. Heal up -- you gotta get back in there with us soon! Who am I gonna chase now?

Though, yeah, the massage aspect...mmm.

 
At 9:50 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger erein said...

Hmm, well coming from someone who has strained calf muscles, and hamstrings, I gotta tell you the massages the physical therapists give are not really so much on the "oh boy!" side.

You have all my sympathy VB.

 
At 9:51 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

mmm...but you haven't met my massage therapist.

 
At 12:02 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

My mom is just too much of a worry wart. It would have been too exhausting to go there.

 
At 1:59 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i'm just teasing

my parental unit interactions are such that i never really can fairly criticize anyone else

but it was very entertaining

 
At 11:09 PM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 11:11 PM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 11:19 PM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 8:33 PM, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>