Monday, May 08, 2006

Ummm...hello..the Giro has started


Oh my

I've been so busy whining about my hip and filing sales tax returns that I have completely forgotten that the Giro has started.

Of the 3 tours, the Giro, is by far, the most melodramatic of the 3 grand tours. The italians wouldn't have it any other way.

So, let the drama begin.

Here's a photo rehash of today's action:


Petacchi enjoys a really teenie cup of coffee and even teenier toast.


I first loaded this photo because the guys looked so geeky in it. But then I noticed the Nutella ad in the background. What the hell is that? Thats not nutella, the hazelnut chocolate of heaven, thats some kind of orange juice and breadstick thingie. For real, what is that?


Today's dreamy Basso shot. Hopefully the photogs will have one each day that we can post. I would post a hottie shot of Danielson too, but his wife's a bella. Thats sort of like checking out your sister's boyfriend...not cool.



Salvodelli got the pink jersey all dirty


The melodrama of the day was Petacchi's crash. He is out of the Giro with a broken knee cap. His teammates surround him after the crash cuz he is the only reason they are there.


I hope this dude wins the race.


The winner of today's stage was Schumacher of Germany. Isn't he some kind of race car driver? He sure looks like one.

8 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger EB said...

Ooooh, but with Petacchi out for a while (for the tour?) maybe they'll put Zabel back in...goooooooooo Erik! He's a fighter and how cool would it be to see him back up there with the big boys going for the green? I love that guy.

 
At 9:15 PM, May 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmigod, you make me laugh. I'm s'posed to be writing some lecture thingy on the vietnam war, but reading your blog is way way more fun. Did I mention it's way more fun? I sooo love the Giro. Or maybe it's just the endless photos of Ivan Basso. Um, hottie.

Great to see ya in SB, by the way :)

 
At 9:45 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Hey BB

You didn't go to Fontucky, did you?

You should really really think about coming up to race the Kern County Stage Race....I know, its road, but its a swell time.

 
At 10:34 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Barb said...

The Nutella truck is advertising a snack product. I ate one in Waterloo at a scary gas station. It's an all in one snack pack containing a peachy smoothy drink, a little bit of Nutella and some cookie biscuits to use as Nutella transfer tools.

 
At 9:20 AM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

thats just weird and wrong.

 
At 11:37 AM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fontucky? Yech. You need a steak knife for the air out there. Mmmm. Chewy. Pass the catsup. I just couldn't throw down for that. National races are fun though; I'm sad 'bout Mammoth :-(

Ah, yes, Kern. I did it a few years back. Super funsies. But there's one of those fat tire races at Big Bear that weekend. I gotta go see the pine trees and get lightheaded in the silly thin mountain air. Otherwise? I'd be all over the Kern thingy. Hill Climb. Yummy.

 
At 11:39 AM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, CN has the requisite Basso photo for the day...

 
At 9:13 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I like Erik. Something about the quiet guys who can sprint. Thats what made Petacchi so yummy.

Sigh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>