Monday, May 01, 2006

Mariachi Musings


*I wonder if I have SAD. Just a few days of sunshine therapy and I feel like my regular self again. Aaaaahhh

*It always feels so weird going to work after a crazy weekend of bike stuff. Like an alternate universe or something. I don't even feel like the same person sometimes.

*Mountain bike racing is haaaaaard. Its been so long that I forgot. But its fricken hard.

*Nothing against Santa Marians, but you can put that town on the list of places I don't want to live.

*A full Mariachi band can wake you up out of a food coma real quick.

*My mom is one of those gringas that always asks the Mariachi to play "La Cucaracha" Except she calls it "The Kooka-racha".

*Are you kidding me with all the wildflowers right now?

*I'm a wheezer now. Don't know if those little PEs did some damage, because I've always been a quiet breather. Even when I wasn't in shape. Ask Laura. She'd wheeze and I'd breath though my ears. Now I am one of those people that you want to get away from on the climb because their whacked breathing is freaking you out.

*Where was the goddamn barbeque? It was all I thought about on the last lap. "Pedal pedal, tri tip. Pedal pedal, tri tip." And there was no tri tip. Talk about breaking a girl's heart.

*After 3 years off from mtb racing, I still saw some friendly faces from racing past. Good to see Tomarra in remission and back to her winning ways. The Trek West coast crew is still kicking it grassroots style. Also good to see Jennifer at the top of the podium. I've got my work cut out for me.

*MTB racers are just plain friendlier than road. I know, its an old, tired generalization. But its true.

*Hibbard. His name should just be a word. For whenever anyone does something freakishly fit and funky.

"I think I'm going to go for a 37 mile run after this mountain bike race I did on a tricycle"

"Dude, that is so Hibbard.


*Camelbacks need a fuel gauge thingie. There is little worse than taking a big sip out of that valve and coming up empty mouthed. Nooooooooo!

*I need to remember to put the used GU packs in a different pocket than the unused GU packs.

*My man rocks. I know, I'm biased...but he just rocks. He doesn't give a damn what people think about him. He just loves to have a good time...and it shows. And its infectious. I'm so lucky.

*I was so exhausted during my race that I told a big hairy bull to get the hell out of my way. I just did not have the energy to deal with his shit. Besides at this point I was still dreaming of tri tip.

*It felt good to purge the bad taste that Sea Otter left.

*Lots of marches going on today. I hope people going go because they have something to say and want to get shit accomplished..not just because its an opportunity to get out of work...hmmm...get out of work...Ah..too much to do. Besides my group is about 50% immigrants, so we'd all have to leave. We could have our own little march in Downtown Morgan Hill. Demand rights while we nosh on some bagels and drink fruit smoothies. And I'd still need to get my ride in.

14 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

that was a very pleasant post.

I think i'll go have more coffee to celebrate.

 
At 12:28 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i really enjoyed reading this

i did warn y'all about santa maria though

 
At 12:39 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awe man! brennabelly here...really big now, just jonesn' for a ride...i wonder when my pelvic bones will be able to saddle up again...for now I live thru ya all...thanks for sharing...p.s. i call it post-race-weekend-letdown (nothing to do with breastfeeding, but whose thinking of that except me? I am a D cup now!); or blue-mondays...and I agree, even I am a much more pleasant MTB racer than a roadie...let's have a beer and a BBQ and wash the poision oak off together in the creek...Miss you all!!!

 
At 12:57 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least one BBQ right here in PG - trying my best with Miss Mary's Arracherra recipe - pretty good for a first try, but I think I've got to find a good carneceria in Seaside (any ideas???).

Anyway, lots of carne asada leftovers this week to go with the Coronas - maybe I'll shred some for some enchiladas. Yum.

 
At 1:28 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger VeloRainDog said...

"*It always feels so weird going to work after a crazy weekend of bike stuff. Like an alternate universe or something. I don't even feel like the same person sometimes."

WORD!

 
At 1:43 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

*Lots of marches going on today. I hope people going go because they have something to say and want to get shit accomplished..not just because its an opportunity to get out of work...hmmm...get out of work...Ah..too much to do. Besides my group is about 50% immigrants, so we'd all have to leave. We could have our own little march in Downtown Morgan Hill. Demand rights while we nosh on some bagels and drink fruit smoothies. And I'd still need to get my ride in.

double WORD.

 
At 1:54 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger erein said...

"*It always feels so weird going to work after a crazy weekend of bike stuff.*

doncha just love that though? I'll be helping a person find a book off the shelf on the mating cycle of the earthworm, and inside I'm thinking "This weekend I'm gonna race!" and I get all happy that I'm not *just* a librarian. It's kind of a rush. People think it's very weird that a childrens librarian is triathlete/mountain biker. It's like they totally can't put the two worlds together. And then of course I always throw in that I'm a vegan, and from Kansas and their heads just spin! Hee, hee! I LOVE messing up their little boxes!:)

Way to rock the dirt this weekend, XC races are sooo much fun! Sorry about the camelback. Been there, done that!

 
At 5:09 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Lots of marches going on today. I hope people going go because they have something to say and want to get shit accomplished..not just because its an opportunity to get out of work...hmmm...get out of work...

All my Imagrant employees warned me last week that they would not be working today. I, in as nice a way as I know how explained to them that while I totally understand why they feel the way they do protesting the government by not showing up to work only hurts ME the man who pays their bills not BIG W in DC.

And on top of that they are LEGAL so the Law they are protesting is not going to effect them, go figure.

On a side note, If it were a true day without an imagrant why was every DMV and WalMart parking lot busting at the seams today, me thinks it was a day off and not a true attempt to accomplish much and thats sad.

Off rant now :)

MS

 
At 5:35 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I noticed that the local lumber yard here still had the usual line up of day workers.

Only thing I noticed in Morgan Hill was that the mexican owned businesses were closed. No panaderia run this morning. These business owners could probably afford closing shop on a Monday.

The day laborers, apparently, did not have that luxury.

So while the more established Latinos rallied, those who are most affected kept working. And maybe thats okay. At least they have someone speaking for them. Sort of.

good thing I wasn't craving an empanada.

 
At 5:50 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Sorry to hear that you got to experience Santa Maria. Did you notice all the yellow lighting at night? It is supposed to help create a calming effect on the people there. Hmm...

Amazing that arm pit of a place is only 1/2 hour from SLO, 15 minutes from beautiful beaches, etc.

 
At 7:27 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could have gone to Nipomo, not much better but its still better.

ms

 
At 8:54 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Sami said...

Good thing I softened up that bull for you before you got to him. Did you notice he had no horns by the time you saw himz? He was all talk. Great job and nice seeing you.

 
At 2:31 PM, May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 
At 11:24 PM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>