Monday, May 08, 2006

Fact-o-Rama


Some figures from my lunch ride on the fabulous Coyote Creek bike path today:

Avg Temperature: 82 F
Avg Windspeed when I had a headwind: 27 mph give or take
Avg Windspeed when I turned around and had a tailwind: 3 mph
~
Length of bike path I rode: 24 miles
# of cyclists I saw on 24 miles of bike path: 2
# of cyclists I saw without orange penant flags attached to their bikes: 0
~
# of bike lanes on big new roads that connect to bike path: 0
# of unnecessary twists and turns bike path takes: like a gazillion
How long since this bike path has last been maintained: long time
Probablity that this path will be a viable method of alternative transportation: 4.73%
~
# of mangy junkyard dogs that scared the holy effin crap out of me: 1
# of dogs playing on the dog agility course: 0
# of bobcats playing on the dog agility course: 1


~
Avg speed I rode on first leg of ride: 12mph
# of buzzards following me waiting for me to keel over: 5
Average wingspan of said buzzards: 37 feet give or take
~
# of "Beware of Mtn Lion" signs I saw: 9
# of Mtn Lions I saw: 0
How scared I was of mtn lions on a scale of 1-10: 2


~
# of "Beware of Creepy People" signs I saw: 0
# of Creepy People I saw: 3
How scared I was of creepy people on a scale of 1-10: 7
~
# of dogs peeing I saw: 3
# of guys peeeing I saw: 0
# of girls peeing I saw: 1
~
# of times I thought about Michael while pedaling: 3
# of times I thought about ice cream while pedaling: 11
Probability that I'll get some after admitting that: 99.6%

Next time I am bringing the camera.

5 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

sexy.

 
At 8:43 AM, May 09, 2006, Blogger erein said...

I ride coyote creek a lot when I'm feeling guilty about not being on my road bike. I like it because I can ride and not worry about getting run over by cars. I've seen bobcats, rabbits, turkeys and various other birds, but no crazy weird people peeing. Sigh. I *always* miss the best stuff.

 
At 3:20 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

yes

 
At 12:41 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

and i got so behind on blog reading that i didn't end up commenting on this one

but i really liked it

 
At 11:24 PM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>