Tuesday, May 09, 2006

More Fun with Giro


Hmmm....lets have a looksee at today's Giro action shots, shall we?

Uhhh...huh? Why would anyone take, let alone post, a pic like this? Please tell me that's someone's elbow or ass and not someone's pointy head.



The melodrama of the day goes to Jan Ullrich who cut off his long locks because they made him sweaty. Besides making him less sweaty, cutting his hair symbolizes that party boy Jan is over for the season. He's all business now.

You know you're a small dude, when you ride next to Bettini and you make him look like a giant. Damn Bettini, he always looks like the cat that ate the canary. Worth a second look by the way, are Bettini's golden slippers.

Today's photogenic peloton shot is this. I know, but it was the best I could find. You will have to wait until the Giro leaves Belgium and actually enters Italy before we find pretty sunshiney shots.

And here we have the hands down (or is it thumbs up?) winner of the cheesy rock star photo of the day. There are at least 8 things in this photo that I could blather on about. Instead, I will let you look at it and relish in its cheesiness.

The finish photo of the day. I must say, I do like the sprint finish photos. All the men in their full peacock struttiness. Plumage galore.


And finally, I scoured the net for a good photo of the day of Basso. This was all I could find. Hardly worthy of our high BB standards. So I am opting for the photo of Basso that appeared in an ad on the Giro coverage for today instead. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do after all.

9 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To help with your mission, check out: http://www.team-csc.com/gallery/gal_989.jpg

 
At 6:26 AM, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Basso... You are right, he is the dreamiest!

 
At 8:53 AM, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there's always this one to tide us over http://tinyurl.com/qhyc2

And where *are* the rest day photos anyway?!

BB -- who's not so adept with html tags

 
At 9:49 AM, May 10, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I think they should have had a live report on the rest day action.

 
At 10:00 AM, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if we asked real nice like?

Dear Jeff Jones...
...Also, please include many, many illustrations. This is very important.
TIA.

'kay, back to work for me :-)

 
At 10:04 AM, May 10, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

thanks for the update
i had forgotten about the giro too
no tv, no computer
being out of touch is sorta fun
and sorta a pita

i am on hold with sbc/att as i type this trying once again to get them to hook-up our dsl....

good thing i'm not holding my breath

 
At 11:19 AM, May 10, 2006, Blogger Strats said...

mmm...Basso...he's so yummy.

 
At 11:09 PM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 11:24 PM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>