Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Bella is a Billy

And while the Bellas were being hammered at Mt. Ham this weekend, I chose to rush the infamous frat of the Hillbillies.

There isn't much to it really, all you do is call out the Byrd shit on the road and drink beer after the ride.

Don Byrd is one of the head honchos of this gang of billies and they are a bunch of fun lovin good ol'boys. They had me smilin ear to ear all weekend with comments like "Hey there isn't enough mustard to cover that hot dog!" or Bobbyboy rolling up to us in his bright orange Independent with a brand new barbieQ in the back ready to take it to the Peak for us. (Don had this three day HillyBilly stage ride planned for the Billies this weekend.)

Day 1 was the Pebble Beach group ride, Day 2 was Catch-ow-a loop of Carmel Valley, Day 3 was Freemount's Peak, thats how I became a bonafide Lillybilly. (That and all the beer drinkin training Sabine had me do early on in my career.) I didn't know she was preppin me for this gang.

I have been rollin with these guys all weekend. I vote all Bellas become honorary members of this crew because they show us nothing but love. Don and Pazzo even polished and refurbished our lovely Fair Lady. A favor given to us because of their fond memories of riding with Sabine. They made me promise we wouldn't ride her on flat tires, worn spokes or let her rust anymore. As a matter of fact I plan on plunkin that baby on the Kona bike rack so those mechanics can show her some love every once in a while. She would look great with the Queen Zingers.

And the Hillbillies really do go on pie rides! I thought Sabine was just trying to get me to go on long rides when she would tell me these tales since in the three years of riding with her I never did get to stop for fresh pies. I only got to stop if she or I were suffering from heat stroke. I even thought she meant it as code for a girls' ride. Next weekend they are going for a real pie ride.

Haa....Haa I love the Billies even if their ears stick out of their helmets from all the inbreedin. I absatatootly love them.

Isn't Morgen such a camera hog blog dog?

Lillybilly

7 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Damn I miss riding with those hillbillies
almost as much as I miss riding with Lilly

those hillbillies do more to encourage cycling than any do gooder group out there

 
At 8:59 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i heard a rumor that lilly was on her bike

i also heard a rumor that she was just going to win cx races with your bike on your back and not even bother trying to ride

i don't care as long as we get to see her....

 
At 9:05 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Awww...I miss you too!!! Guess what school is almost out and I am going to be on my bike all day long. I love the summertime.

 
At 9:24 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

mmm..I can't believe how beautiful sparkly the bike is

Goota figure out how to thank the Byrd

 
At 9:38 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Lilly, saw steven on monday and asked him to give you a hug for me, i hope he remembered.

those hillbillies rides sounds awesome. i haven't been on a ride with pazzo yet, i'de love to join you all, if i ever get back into shape:-)

 
At 9:39 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

Hi miss lilly!

your beau was s'posed to say hi--hope he didn't forget!

 
At 8:34 PM, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>