Thursday, March 23, 2006

One mean otter


Owch.

Just did ONE lap of the new Sea Otter course.

Mama.

The first part with the new singletrack section was creepy cool fun. The trail dipped and dived around a surreal section of burned craggly trees and eroded marscape cliffs.

But that was all just a tease.

The rest of the course is just heinous.

Going UP all the fun DOWN trails. Going down a fireroad just to make a Uturn and climb back up a paved road? Hello?

Still need to decide if I really want to do this. Nothing worse than crossing a finish line that was packed up an hour earlier.




On the other hand, it really is beautiful out there right now.

8 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

it'll be a good a break from the vb-k tent

 
At 11:02 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger nicknameless said...

you know you want to...besides I'd bet big money a certain schmoopaluffagus will still be at the finish line cheering when you pull in ;)

 
At 11:03 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger nicknameless said...

wait one tic....just what are those vultures waiting around for?

 
At 12:04 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

That climb up Skyline Road is going to be oh so much fun for you fools that do it a second time. Clubber Lang was right with his prediction, wasn't he?

Me? Once on the singlespeed is enough why thank you. Thank goodness I'm slow.

 
At 8:29 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

once on the single-speed was MORE than enough for me.

with multiple nav-stops & piddly-breaks.

2 laps on a single is just ... madness.

 
At 9:41 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

the vultures are waiting for me to not finish.

 
At 11:25 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Little_Jewford said...

two laps with the SS is hardcore ... you'll be able to tell the Otter equivilant of the "when I went to school I had to walk up hill both ways in the snow" story ... "back in 06' I did TWO laps on a single speed going up all the cool desents...." ect...

I say do it....of course I'm doing one lap with 24 gears so its easy for me to say...

 
At 2:33 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

oh..I am not riding that puppy on the ss this year. Hell no.

I did that once, on the old course, and that was pain enough thank you.

I am going all gears, all bounce for this round.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>