Friday, March 17, 2006

Gimme some gawddamn Coffee NOW


I switched today.

I'm on my 5th cup of decaf. I don't normally drink five cups of coffee at work, but I guess I am trying to satiate something that just ain't getting satiated? The last time I quit I went through a detox of sorts. I landed quite unexpectedly (and quite unrleated to coffee) in the hospital and since I had other things on my mind, I forgot all about my caffeine addiction.....That is until the headache from hell that hit me on day 2 or 3.

I woke up with a migraine to end all migraines. I pushed that little nurse call button so hard I thought I was going to break it. Staff ran in with cardio equipment (or something) because I scared them. The NP asked me what was wrong. "The pain...the pain..." I muttered.

They gave me a vicodin. For my caffeine headache.
and one more the next day.

And then I was detoxed.

And I stayed that way until I am not sure when. But sometime between then and now, I got addicted again.

I decided the other night to break the habit.

At least during the week.

Thank god tomorrow's Saturday.

9 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

geez
i wanna go to that hospital
i had to get my gallbladder cut out to get a vicodin

 
At 1:16 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Brent said...

that last picture is a great shot of a totally usable coffee table.

put my order in today

 
At 1:23 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

my ex and i use to fight about coffee

he use to say it was an addiction

i use to say it was part of my 8 glasses of water, with a chef's touch of additions to look all fancy.

 
At 3:33 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

I wish you a highly compassionate Good Luck with that lil monkey - I gave up trying to quit/control/cut back, etc. after kids came along 3 years ago.

 
At 3:43 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I don't have any kids. But I have a hernando and an all girl's bike team.

So, I'll need that good luck. Thanks!

 
At 3:47 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

bunny - this was like the best hospital ever.

It was a Huuuuuuuge private room. I could order room service from a nice menu, whenever I was hungry. And they let visitors in at anytime, in any numbers, with any amount of beverages. Which was nice because we had a mini halloween party in the room.

It felt like a vacation.

It wasn't anything like that Merced hospital...

 
At 6:23 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Sounds like the Betty Ford Clinic... well, at least from what I hear...

 
At 6:29 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Breaking the habit??? Oh my God....that's crazy!! I tried to break the habit once - it lasted about two hours. After two hours, all I wanted to do was go back to bed. So, my break was over.....and I was back on the Peets. Oh well....it's my one vice. But hey, I quit the corndogs finally!

 
At 11:39 PM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Why do coffee & cycling make such good friends? I mean, besides the whole stimulant thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>