Sunday, March 12, 2006

Wild woman

I have decided, that although I can splash and play in cold wet, slippery sloppery, mud, I am far too delicate to race in this drizzle.

I was looking forward to the Monterey Circuit race too. But, those are my ol stompin chompin grounds and I know how epic it can be out there when the rain dampens your spirits and the wind howls through your bones. It makes riding on those chip sealed roads an exercise of wills. And I am just far too delicate for that.

I think I'll clean out the fridge instead.

4 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, March 12, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

she's doing a bit of fibbing here ... the real story is that it's very possible that she's become infected her with some of my snotty-sickness as she has taken such good care of me these past few globby-goop days.

me, as her coachey-mcWhistleBlower, has outlawed her going out and suffering in the wet n' shivers today until we see how her health evolves.

valor tempered with caution, and all that.

besides, she'll get some rewards tomorrow if the weather clears.

... and then there's always more racin' next weekend.

and the next, and the next, and the ... jaysus, we need another hobby.

 
At 5:47 PM, March 12, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

.
you didn't kiss her, did you?
.

 
At 6:26 PM, March 12, 2006, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

That sux - hope you both feel better very soon!

Yeah, we're pretty spoiled with the races here in CA - every weekend there's some event somewhere! Too rad.

 
At 6:47 PM, March 12, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

is that what we're calling it?

"hobby"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>