Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sprintalicious

So my jazzercizerific motivator made the trip over the hill to work on sprints with me today.

I can proudly say that after doing these little sprint workouts religiously and vigorously for the past two months, that I have been.....
....doing them wrong the whole time.

oy.

Leg speed is not my forte. Its not. Ask anyone who has seen me run. Like a gawdamn grizzly bear. All ass and lumbering thighs. Effective, but not pretty. Outright ugly even. And, here's the problem...too short.
Back to the drawing board for me.

So today I didn't put it in the last possible grinder push push gear and used leg speed instead. Silly bike just flip flopped under me all lost and confused. My feet kept moving round and round and were begging me to give them some torque so they could stop spinning all wonky like. Those last 8 seconds were sheer clutzball-out-of-breath hell. I can't wait to freak everyone out with my screwball sprint at some upcoming race.

This silly bike racing sure is funstuff.

6 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i'm a mashaholic
i love to mash

but i am trying hard to reform too

feels so wrong but over time it is feeling a little less wrong

but why didn't he tell you sooner that you were doing them wrong?

 
At 8:31 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Embrace your inner masher - don't let someone else tell you otherwise. Heck*, it has worked for Jan... wait, bad example.

 
At 8:48 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

He didn't know. All this time and we had never done sprints together until now.

I wonder if he'll still have me even though I am a card carrying m.a. member?

I think I need to ride my single speed this weekend to make up for all this spinning twinkletoe nonsense.

 
At 6:38 AM, March 09, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

here's to lots of future sprinting together

the sprint rides pab and i do are usually my favorites of the week

 
At 7:54 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Grizzly bears are fast. You can't out run a bear you know. So that means when the Bean sprints we all play dead.

 
At 4:57 PM, March 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know you love to spin. embrace your Inner Spinner. I challenge you to a 200m 39x27 race. Mwahahaha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>