Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Chalk Report

It takes a lot of chalk to write a name. Especially on chipseal. I used 3 giant pieces of sidewalk chalk. And Ben's name is only Ben. Good thing I wasn't sending chalk love to his teammate Dominique.

White chalk is the best color. Bella colors do not stand out at all. But so what.

I am not an artist. I shouldn't even try. The heart, in Bellas Heart Ben, looks like a blue and pink lump of Playdoh. Bellas Playdoh Ben.

It hurts when you run out of chalk and scrape your knuckles across the pavement. Ouchie cheese grater.

I just noticed that I have blue paint under my nails.

It was fun seeing all the pre-race stuff occuring up there. Specialized has lots of tents set up. Gotta hand it to them for the guerilla marketing with the Specialized Angel chick. She was up there too just now. Except her hair was in rollers and she had no wings or makeup. Wish I had my camera.

The Discovery team came by while I was chalking. They are just so rock star. Johan was following behind and he had a huge smile on his face. Wonder what he was so happy about? And again, me without my camera.

More later....

11 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i'm so glad i get to read this ... uber-yummy.
~

somebody get a good pic of some name paintage!

goBengo

 
At 11:06 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

we definitely need chalk photos

 
At 11:07 AM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzy got to take home the podium flowers yesterday. Georgie threw out a buncha love.

No BJM, but hey, what the hell.

Tizight.

 
At 11:07 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

i'm heading out there now...a little late.

been busy chasing the race around since monday...will blog more later

 
At 11:10 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

There were no other names painted up there. I had road monopoly. If I had a crew and more chalk, we could have caused some serious damage on that road.

As it was, the only damage was the ouchie scrape on my knuckle while trying to eke out the last bit of chalk.

 
At 11:11 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

goBellago!

 
At 2:34 PM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben went 38.55 today.

 
At 3:10 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

38.55 might keep him in the top-20.

hope!

 
At 4:36 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

benny sits 28th on GC.

not bad, at all.

being a few minutes back ... he could see some more air time in a break later this week.

that'd just be crazy-talk!

 
At 1:19 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Ack
thats awful

those marketers need to know how to work that boy

 
At 5:27 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

PF ... that has just made my Boonen-wood all soft and water-logged.

egads ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>