Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Frumpleupugus


Somedays you feel like effortlessly gliding along at 110 rpm.
Today was not one of those days.

I bagged on my sprints. And those are my favorite workouts. All snarl and no hills! Bring it.

Just not today.

Today I could barely manage to click over 90. I would have been far more at home with a benevolent bluesy
45rpm rhythm.

I think the beating my ego took this weekend at the Early Bird "Black Ice My Ass" Road Race just caught up to me. I mean, I was ready to take my lickings, but damn, that lashing hurt.

ouch.

Its been so long that I forgot.
Racing's hard.
Fucko.

To top it off, I was so self-involved in my racing re-debut, that I was a negiligent teammate. I think that part hurts more than that ass whooping. I've usually been able to make up for my comical lack of talent with a little extra dose of cunning...but now even that's gone stale.

double ouchie.

So, when's the
next race?

*************

It was superfine to see friendly bella faces, Amy and Kathie at the race. They both rode amazing races. Wish I had the sensibilities to write a decent race report about it. Fresno bellas must have some super secret sauce training going on.

9 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i'm sure all those 1099s to get out today didn't help any

racing's hard
my limited experience confirms that

i think i will reassess my expectations for my rr debut--i'll be ecstatic with a mild butt-kicking

but tomorrow (or the next day) you'll be out sprinting your ass off and loving it

and i'll be sure and bring an extra bottle of glitter

 
At 6:20 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

thats what was missing! Glitter. I'll be better prepared next race.

 
At 7:40 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

all better

 
At 8:15 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i'm sure you had the best medicine

 
At 10:07 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I just noticed the bird in the grumpy picture. Funny.

Of course, its an inside joke between me and me.

Geez, I'm losing it.

 
At 10:14 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

This is what worked for me.

If using MS Internet Explorer:
Go to Tools/Internet options/Connections/LAN Settings

and unclick the little box that says:
Automatically detect network settings

 
At 12:06 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

and you posted that last comment on the wrong blog

regardless, it is appreciated

unfortunately, ours is set-up different apparently because that little box isn't clicked

oh well

 
At 12:19 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

it was actually a lame just in case manuever

but bummer

 
At 12:43 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

oh, i get it

maybe i'm not ditzy

just a little slow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>