Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Lunchy Goodness


These are my last few days of doing the lunch rides I've been doing for the past 6 years. So I am being the sentimental fool I am, and doing all my favorite loopies.

Pulled the cross bike out of the back of the toaster this afternoon and the poor dear groaned. Oh, he's had a tough little season. And its showing. Can't blame him though, as I put that little yellow bike through hell. That is, if you consider too many shits and giggles rides at Demo, Skeggs and UCSC, hell.

Within a few pedal strokes I realized why he was groaning. Seems as if the freewheel or whatever that gadget is that spins on the rear wheel, is busted. Nothing free about it. Chain just goes all slack when coasting. Ah well, no better way to plunge into base miles than to do it forced to not coast the whole time.

I decided to ride out to Manresa Beach. Sunshine and surfers were a nice change from antartica or whatever godforsaken place they just held that cross race. Besides, there are no beaches in Morgan Hill.

Beaches are good to stare at when you have a problem. They are also good to stare at when things are just perfect. Today, for me, it was the latter. And it was nice to just spend a few moments staring off into the Pacific, and indulging.

Then I rode back to work. And so, thats it. I wish there was more to this little posting. Some point or moral or something. But there's not. I just got to ride my bike, to the beach, and think about how damn lucky I am.

Simple as that.

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger X Bunny said...

i feel the same way about beaches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>