Thursday, December 15, 2005

Gimpy

gawdamn leg kept me up most of the night again. Still haven't figured out what the trigger for that is. Feels like insects crawling around in there. I ease the pain by imagining that the insects are building a bunch of new tunnels and bypasses to replace the ones that are kaput. But still, the deep ache steals precious sleep.

Docs don't know or even seem to care either. In their eyes, I didn't die and I can walk so I am fine. My personal standards for health though, are a little higher. I figure its the same for most of us cyclists, or others who take joy in moving their bodies. Our medicine is real good at the acute. Real good at making sure you don't die. But not so good at dealing with you when you don't. All they can give me for this is a name and another appointment in 6 months. (Oh, and some awful ugly hosiery that is soooo not bella approved)

In the meantime, I perform my own experiments with food, water, exercise, routines. And take solace in that at least I can breath and move and ride my bike like a silly fool. Even if its a tired silly fool.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger ginmtb said...

You shourd plobabry see a speciarist that doesn't speciarize in western medicine oh honolabre Sabine-san. Rike a accupuncturist. Ret them put a rot of needres in you to arreviate the pain.

 
At 11:26 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Velo Bella said...

but it already feels like someone is sticking pins and needles in it.

the hurt I can deal with, its the propping up in public places that gets to me.

 
At 11:47 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger ginmtb said...

Perhaps maybe the "when you put two negatives together you get a positive" theory would apply here. Needles poking into pain that feels like getting poked by needles equals no more pain from needles. Needle I say more?

 
At 11:53 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger X Bunny said...

as one of the not so helpful doctors i can't add too much...

but as a girl i can commiserate that those stockings are horrible and not-so-cute

(although sometimes they do help)

 
At 6:58 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Velo Bella said...

that was already more helpful than most.

racer bunny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>