Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Kill two birds


Nesting.
They have a name for it and I got it.

I should be out riding. I should spend my lunches seeing how many miles I can get in, in only 60 minutes. I should be charging my lights and hooking up with the hillbillies for some nightriding mayhem, followed by beer drinking bonding.

I should be seeing how fast I can go down a descent I can't see. I should be showing up at the Specialized ride and taking pulls on the flats. I should be coming home cold and exhausted.

But instead, I want nothing more than to come home and
build a bookcase.

Or shop for just the right length curtain rod. Or that perfect lamp.

I want to put snugglie blankets on the couch and firewood in the stove and light sandalwood scented candles.

I want to clean the oven and organize the pantry.

I dont know if its the cold weather, or that I found true love, or that hormones are trying one last gasp....

but I sure wish it would stop.

11 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

sounds to me like you need a good snowball fight.

 
At 1:23 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

How's that kitchen remodel coming along?

 
At 1:58 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger EB said...

Clean the oven? I was thinking love until clean the oven, but for that kind of evil you have to blame the hormones.

 
At 2:37 PM, November 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do mean build an Ikea bookcase, right?

the kind with instructions and pictures of each type of screw and how many times to turn it.

 
At 3:31 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

yes, of course, the bookcase with the instructions. And the included little alan key.

I built my own furniture once (okay, they were speaker stands...but furniture nonetheless) and I pretty much got that out of my system for good.

 
At 3:32 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Kitchen remodel is coming.
I think I've finalized my plans, but then I keep changing my mind.

Bought a dishwasher last night and a wall oven last week...so I guess I better actually do this.

I should have a demo-demo party. Come over, ride demo, then grab a hammer and do some demo.

 
At 3:49 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

as long as the beer stays cold...

 
At 5:37 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you can clean my oven too if it would help you get over this nesting thing.

 
At 9:06 AM, November 30, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

The demo-demo party sounds way cool. I want in. Demo is the best part of any remodel job. It's everything else afterwards that blows...

 
At 1:02 PM, November 30, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i cleaned our shower
but i didn't enjoy it

 
At 1:23 PM, November 30, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

can I have some of your cleaning hormones...I think I lost mine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>