Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Iron Curtain


Myself and the rest of the Velo bella honchos have been busy busy busy lately getting ready for our 2006 season. We've been lining up sponsors, riders, races and clinics. We've been designing jerseys, shorts, booties and bikes. We've been updating websites and logos. We've been re-registering the team. We've been ordering parts and bikes and stickers. We've been fundraising for Barb. We've been busy.

Anyway, tonight was a particularly busy night for all of us, emailing each other and finishing off our bella chores in our after work work hours.

And in the midst of all the flurry, Jed emails:
How can you all NOT be watching this football game?
Incredible!

Huh? Football? On a Wednesday night?

oh. Rose Bowl.

yeah, whatever.

And it not only reminded me how much I do not care about football (anymore), it reminded me how out of touch I was with the nation and world in general.

And its kind of nice, in a naive girly kind of way.

Except, as a former big time Steelers fan (I even had a terrible towel), I do happen to know that Lynn Swann is running for governor of PA. But other than that, I am totally out of touch. And I don't think I mind.
~~

And while I am here, and sort of on the subject (and Mike Gin be dam-med, I'm gonna get shmoopy), I really need to thank: Laura, Julie, Brent, Jed, Alex and Pazzo, for all the work they are doing for this team. Incredible. More incredible than the silly Rose Bowel (mistype but I liked it) even. I love you guys.

6 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, January 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard you love someone else too.

So hot.

 
At 11:07 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

Most excellent post. Sounds like you have a great bunch o Bellas. Now, a sidebar story...

Lynn Swann's mother ran the attendance office at my high school. She was a very sweet lady and often gave a pale skinny white kid a break when his excuse for missing school was just a leeeetle bit shaky. ;) I ran into her many years after I graduated and she remembered me. It was cool.

So although I never met Lynn, I always associate him with his mom, and that's gotta be good. I'm sure PA could do a lot worse, anyway.

btw, the game tonight was pretty exciting, the hoax story is incredible, and I was right about cows, eh?

 
At 12:27 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

You know I have to comment when my name is used that way (of course I would comment regardless).

For my shmookums

 
At 12:38 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Iron Curtain? Some big time fan you were. That would be Steel Curtain - get it, the Steelers? I know, they are both metals, but they aren't the Pittsburgh Ironers. Oi. Although maybe that was some weird Freudian thing with men ironing.

 
At 6:41 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

You put a lot more thought into my titles than I do.

but yeah, steel was the defense, iron was the city, and Mike is a l'il fukker.

 
At 1:23 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

If they renamed it bootyball I bet you'd watch. Somone should of thought of that early on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>