Monday, April 10, 2006

No more pizza please


Its P.O.
Post Otter

We've come a long way since the days of watching the pizza bouncy houses.

I hope to have my pictures posted tonight.

That is, if I can find my camera.

I should take a picture of the back of Sputnik. Somehow, after all was said and done, we packed the last remnants of the booth into the Sput and were able to drop off the budget van empty and (sort of) clean. Thank you to all the tired crew who helped pack up last night.

Those things will probably remain in Sputnik for a few more days.

I would do one of those thank you list thingies...but I would probably leave someone out.

But if I did do one of those thank you list thingies, all the team members who came out and volunteered at the booth would be at the top of the list. We could not do this without you.

I hope everyone had a great time racing. I'm feeling a little pissed about what they did to the expert women, but I won't fill this blog with that pissed off energy right now. Maybe next post.

Vicodin kisses go out to downed bella, Julie. We're thinking about you. But please, don't send me anymore bashed in face pictures. Ewwwww.

I am hoping some race reports come in so we can plop them out here on the reports blog. I do gotta tell you one thing:
We were fucking awesome.

And I never thought I would get tired of pizza...but after three nights in a row of delivery...I am looking forward to some Indian food or something.

And some quiet time...

11 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i cannot believe you are at work today

i am completely useless for other than what i am programmed to do

you deserve like a week of quiet time for everything you did

and even i am tired of pizza,
didn't really know that could happen

and you, btw, totally rock

 
At 1:45 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

exactly

imagine having to watch kids do that all day

 
At 4:10 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

sorry to hear about what went down. wish i would have been there for support and help with take down-feel like i deserted you & lilly bella.

 
At 4:20 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

now just stop that missmary
you did so much for everybody
you can't be in 3 places at once--not even you!

you can just make extra cookies for the next time to make up for it
(i guess that means i have to too 'cuz i didn't stay for sunday either....)

 
At 4:33 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

it was all cool on Sunday.

the rain cleared up for all the breakdown (and what would have been the finish of the XC racing ... if not for some lazy-ass SOC promoters).

we downed all the remaining brewskis and danced away all the supplies into their appropriate vehicles.

The Beautiful Burgess boys took most the mechy-stuff, Steve n' Lilly took all the flair and Pimped-out bikes, Vanderkitty took all the pimped out clothing, and me n' Sabine took all the dregs.

it was fun (...uh ... yeah).

 
At 4:39 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

And Ana took all the MissMarysupplies.

 
At 4:40 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

and bunny...I am worthless at work today.

I did manage to go grocery shopping at lunch. I think I bought too much wine, chocolate and cheese though.

 
At 4:41 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

We should have taken Vanderkitty

 
At 6:11 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger erein said...

Did you not get to race XC? That was the strangest race...maybe next year they could hold up a sign that says finish line, cause once I hit the raceway all I could see where a group of people milling around and I was like "excuse me please, could you tell me where to cross the finish line cause I'd like to get off my bike before I keel over in a cold, wet, muddy heap." Very odd.

 
At 8:27 PM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

I, on the otherhand woke up at 5 a.m. to say goodbye to my dirty rockstar guests and went back to bed at 7 a.m. If it wasn't for having to walk my dogs, I would have stayed in my pajamas all day. I mean when its two o'clock why bother? I am exhausted, now back into my pajamas. Quiet time.

 
At 2:34 PM, April 11, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I did get to race xc, but only sort of.

The course was a mess by the time we got to race and I guess us expert women were taking longer than they thought (although several of us warned them that this would happen weeks ago)And they decided to stop the expert women from doing a 2nd lap. This happened to about 2/3s of the field.

There was no warning at the race start or anywhere else that this was a possibility.

Of course, a two lap race is very different from a one lap race and anything could have happened in that second lap.

We were all pretty much cheated out of our race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>