Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Payday


Although this VB gig is volunteer duty galore...I do actually get paid.

Lately, I've even been raking in some sweet commissions.

On Monday, I came home to a fluffy pink bella hoodie thingie. Sent with love and an uber sweet note from one fine racer gal who has turned out to be a true treasure to this team. Girl...I'm gonna miss you.

Then yesterday, I find out that the woman who won the Lemond Poprad in the Cat C Women's Challenge we threw down back in November, has been racing CX in Fresno...and loving it. She's even named the bike and flaired it out.

And today, I come home to a handmade card, and get this, homemade blondies. All from a bella I have yet to meet.

Sweet riches indeed.

And there are lots of people who should be sharing these blondies wth me. But...they're not here right now and this glass of beer is not going to stay cold for long.

13 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Make sure you declare that on your taxes. I know I did with all the loot I got when I was Prez... Just tons o' loot. Yup. Fer shure.

 
At 10:01 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

if you were to get paid enough in just blondies for everything you do, you'd never have to go to the market again

of course that would also likely mean extra intervals

this bella adds her thanks for everything

 
At 10:06 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

dinner tonight consisted of chips, salsa, blondies and beer.

oh oh.

 
At 10:11 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

I can send you some ribs for dessert if you'd like...

 
At 10:13 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Oooo...is that my lovely surprise?

I think I'd rather have some of your little smokies.

 
At 10:16 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Gawd dang it woman, why you gotta keep mentioning little?!!! Oh, you're referring to the lil' smokey sausages that you eat for breakfast. Oh, yeah, I knew that.

And BTW that was my horoscope. So I'm waiting for my little surprise my little shmoopy.

 
At 11:14 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Note how she said, "were my hero". There's a new Sheriff in town...

You can ship that stuff to me (go ahead and keep the lip gloss unless it is Lip Smackers in the vanilla frosting flavor) or we can arrange a hand off. Either works for me.

 
At 7:07 AM, January 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look sooooo yummy. Are they chewy?

Be sure to dunk them in milk!

 
At 7:09 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Noel can bake some mean ass blondies. They're just the right chewy-crispy.

breakfast

 
At 7:10 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Gimme chococat! I know. You probably plan on holding on to choco for as long as I held on to your tubes?

~~~
~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~~

 
At 7:31 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

ummm blondies, i made cookies last night, but didn't think about fed-exing you any, sorry.

They were good-sugar cookies with white chocolate and sprinkles.

 
At 10:36 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Cookies just rule my world.

I brought the blondies to work with me so that I could share them rather than eating them all myself.

But, I left them in the car.

oops.

 
At 12:58 PM, January 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that sweater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>